Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Joshua Tree National Park

Since I am in the young women presidency now, I get to go on all of the fun activities with the youth. We planned an over night camp out, about 2 hours away, to Joshua Tree National Park. Right before Brandon and I were leaving to pick up the girls and head out, I called the young women president. She went up early to try an reserve us a camp site and the entire park was full (which is very rare). So last minute we decided to throw together a slumber party at one of the girls house and drive up really early in the morning to meet up with the young men. Everything worked out perfect.

On Saturday we woke really early, to drive up to meet the young men for breakfast. They made delicious french toast, and then we made sandwiches to take with us rock climbing. We rock climbed which at certain times seemed impossible, repelled off a 35 foot rock and went on a zip line. It was such a fun adventure I love being outside. What a great day, I could do this more often.



This isn't everybody that came, but most of us. There ended up being about 30 youth and 10 adults.

The rocks are very rough and gritty, unlike any rocks I have really seen. There was nothing to grab onto or step on to help climb the rock, only a crack between the rocks. It was a challenge but really fun, I especially loved repelling down.

4 comments:

Kim Shepherd said...

Sometimes I wish I was in young womens. I loved it growing up. It might be really different as a leader though. Do you like it? I've pretty much just been in Primary for the last 4 years. I'm getting a little tired of it.

emily sparks said...

fun! that would be a great calling!

Shannon and Andrew said...

It looked like such a fun time. Andrew had a blast. Wish I could of gone.

Laura said...

hey cutie - i found your blog through Vicki's blog - hope you don't mind me peeking!!
laura b.