Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cupids Workshop

To help the young women earn money for girls camp we decided to make and sell caramel apples and chocolate covered pretzel sticks for Valentines day. We homemade the caramel which turned out AMAZING. We made 3 different flavors: cinnamon sugar, toffee and chocolate meltdown.
The pretzels were first dipped in homemade caramel, then in chocolate and then drizzled with more chocolate.
I made the tags for all the apples and pretzels. I made a bunch of different varieties and we had the girls package the apples and pretzels up really cute.

We made well over 100 caramel apples and at least 100 pretzels. It smelled so yummy in the kitchen and yes we got to sample a few extra apples. YUMMY!

3 comments:

Tami said...

so i have to say - i wasn't expecting much.. but those apples and pretzels were SO DANG DELICIOUS. holy cow. the pretzels tasted like Twix but better!! i got them for my kids, but kept eating them while they were at school. and the cinnamon sugar apple I got was scrumptious. Who do I get the recipe from for the pretzel sticks (caramel, chocolate, etc.)? I really want to make those on my own.

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

ONce again you prove you are so good at planning events like this. YOu're so on top of it and so creative. They turned out so cute!

Carol-Lyn said...

Thanks for such an amazing idea!! Lester showed me and we stole the pretzel idea for my work gift boxes. Pics up on my blog ...