Friday, June 19, 2009

New understanding

I finally figured out why I really never saw my mom eat any of the delicious food she would make for us. Daily she would whip up pancakes, eggs and bacon for breakfast, really yummy dinners and side dishes and seriously she would just watch us eat it. Now I get it... FOOD TASTES so much BETTER when SOMEBODY ELSE makes it.

For dinner I thought Mexican food sounded good so I made homemade salsa, guacamole and chicken & shrimp fajitas with beans and rice. It was going to be a feast and so we invited Geoff and Doc Walker over (Vicki was out of town). After what seemed like pretty much all afternoon and evening, dinner was finally done, but I was OVER IT. I had been looking and thinking about it too long and dinner just didn't even look good to me anymore. I really just wanted to eat a bowl of special K and go to bed. Oh well...it was worth it because it was fun to have the boys over and tell me dinner and dessert was good. I am grateful for all the yummy food other people cook for me and now I understand why you don't eat any of it!

1 comments:

Jessica and Jim said...

That is SO funny! (And so true.)