Monday, August 24, 2009

Mexican Cruise

We just got back from a 7 day cruise to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. We went with our friends Geoff and Erika. It was our first cruise but I hope not the last.

ROYAL CARIBBEAN - MARINER OF THE SEAS

Brandon getting ready to climb up a 30 FOOT ROCK WALL

We took advantage of pretty much everything the ship had to offer even ROLLER BLADING
The FIRST formal night of the trip. It was to have an excuse to get all dressed up.

Our first stop was Cabo and we took these buggies on the FREEWAY for about 35 mins to the sand dunes. After going on a CRAZY ride through the desert (I would have felt A LOT safer if I would have had a HELMET & a Mouth Gaurd) we ended up at the secluded GORGEOUS BEACH. We played in the WARM OCEAN WATER for as long as they would let us. The most amazing water ever.

Cabo San Lucas might have the BEST WATER in the world. It was CRYSTAL CLEAR and as WARM as BATH WATER. They basically had to DRAG Brandon and I out. We could have stayed in that water all day.
We got a recomendation from a Cabo local for some lunch. We walked over to a taco shop that had some AMAZING FISH tacos. Watch out RUBIOS I think they out did you. They also brought us out a bowl with about 6 kinds of salsas and some chips. This was one of the BEST things we ate all week.

In Mazatlan we took the "SLOW boat to CHINA" to a nature preserve island called DEER ISLAND. When we FINALLY made it we Kyacked around the island for an hour. After that we hiked to the top of the island and saw a panoramic view of the city. The island was covered with BUTTERFLIES and spiders but I tried to ignore those on the hike.

This was my view from the breakfast table window of the CITY of Mazatlan


Our 3rd PORT was Puerto Vallarta which was without a doubt the most FUN and BEAUTIFUL of the trip. We took a 30 min SPEED BOAT in the middle of the ocean to the jungle in Puerto Vallarta. This is a picture of an amazing beach resort on a cliff. I want to stay there!

We took a German made millitary style bus off roading about 20 miles up the jungle in Puerto Vallarta. The bus ride took us to the begining of our zip line adventure through waterfalls.

We are all geared up to zip line, hike and repel down a waterfall. First we have to ride a MULE through the JUNGLE to the first zip line. I don't have the pictures from the mule ride/zipline but when they send them to me in about 3 weeks I will post some. It was one of the BEST things I have ever done!

The second FORMAL night of the cruise. It was fun to have a 3 course meal pretty much every night!

Geoff's Aunt works for the cruise ship and was able to set up an exclusive tour of the "bridge". This is wear the captain drives the ship. He said they spend $6000 in fuel to travel 1 mile. That is some bad gas mileage. This is a picture of me in the CAPTAINS CHAIR, pretty cool!

Brandon and I sipping our VIRGIN COLADAS at an adult scaveger hunt show.


They had a 9 Hole Minature Golf Course on the ship. It was alway too busy during the day so we took advantage of the WARM weather and played a round under the stars.

Erika (my new BF) and I drinking a soda on the POOL DECK

2 comments:

Vicki said...

How fun...and you look adorable. What a sweet little hubby you have. I am so happy for you--You were missed!

Laura said...

i'm so happy you guys had a great time. now i want to go do this someday. i love all the fun side trips. it sounds so exciting.