Friday, August 14, 2009

There goes my CLEAN STREAK

When I was young it seemed I couldn't go very long in between getting injured. I would either end up going to the ER or making an emergency house call to Dr. Taylor. Everything from falling onto the edge of a stair and cutting my head open, pulling a antique grandfather clock right on top of me or breaking my collar bone at Lake Powell. I have been very blessed to be major injury free for many years (minus last year when I sewed my finger and the needle went through my nail & finger and my mom had to take it out with tweezers, stupid.) UNTIL NOW!

I got off work early on Tuesday and decided to make a yummy summer dinner and rent a movie so Brandon and I could have a relaxing nice evening. After getting groceries and getting a movie I rushed home to get dinner started before Brandon got off work. I pulled out the onion to start thinly slicing it and to sum up what seemed to be in slow motion in a few words is that I cut my thumb BAD. I grabbed paper towels to cover it up and after it immediately was soaked with blood. I called Brandon to pick up some antibiotic cream on his way home from work.

When he finally got home I knew it was going to need more than just cream, so Brandon took me to URGENT CARE. I am glad it was the emergency room but just to let you know there is NOTHING URGENT about it. I sat there for an hour and a half and finally got in to show the doctor the damage. He said the only option was
"suture" . What? Do you mean STITCHES? (I guess suture is the medical term.) 5 ugly stitches and a tetanus shot later and we were finally ready to leave. I was proud of myself because last time I got stitches I had to be strapped down, I guess I'm all grown up now because Brandon wasn't even in the room with me. By the time we got in the car it was after 8:00, poor Brandon was STARVING and I wasn't about to go home and make anything. So we went to TACO BELL and spent $5. WHY DIDN'T WE JUST DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE? It would have saved me a lot of PAIN, trouble and money.

My clean streak is over, I guess, knowing me, it couldn't last forever, I am going to be extra careful now because IT KILLS and hasn't stopped for 3 days now.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Yuckie! Ouch Bri, I have a fear of doing that same thing. I also still feel guilty that I was driving the boat when you broke your colar bone. I'm glad you're back in one piece.

Laura said...

ooh those are good pictures Dr. Walker!

Tami said...

what? i didn't know you had a blog! shame shame for being sneaky... I've got my eye on you now.

visit mine! nef-family.net

Princess Danell said...

Gnarly! Taco Bell often saves the day. Hope you are feeling better!