Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Camping on the Beach

My sisters Becky and Brooke planned to camp at the Carlsbad State Beach for a week. I was so happy because it is only an hour from my house. Although I did not get to sleep over night, I got to eat, swim, learn to surf with the gang and still take a NICE HOT SHOWER and sleep in a real bed at the end of the day. Thanks guys for coming, it was so good to see you and I had a BLAST!

HOME SWEET HOME

Right when I took this picture a huge gust of wind blew the campfire smoke right to the boys, poor gavin. I guess they say smoke follows beauty and he sure is!

The last night of the camping trip we had a feast of hamburgers and hotdogs, chips, fruit, smores and dutch oven apple crisp. The burgers were fun to cook right over the fire and tasted SO YUMMY!


The MacDonald family at Oceanside beach.


I tried surfing for the first time ever and it wasn't a complete disaster. I ACTUALLY GOT UP for a second. I am such a water skier I couldn't get the hand of riding the surfboard sideways, I was always facing forward which obviously does not work. It was a lot of fun and very hard, a week later I still have plenty of bruises to prove it.

2 comments:

Laura said...

nice surfing - you go girlie!!

The Red Crew said...

you and your family are so darling! This looks like so much fun, camping on the beach, awww how awesome! Dang and you look way hott as a surfer chick! Miss you!