I decided to try to be domestic and practice making orange rolls before Thanksgiving, so I got my Aunt Carols recipe and gave it my best shot. Before I did anything else I wanted to make sure I didn't kill my yeast so when it over doubled in size I knew I was on the right track. I followed the recipe and when I had dough I let that rise for a few hours. Instead of rolling them in croissant shape I thought it would be a good idea to put them in balls (like a roll). After they baked and I sampled I was happy to know they were edible which for my cooking, isn't always the case. When Brandon got home from school around 10:30p.m., I had him try one and he was impressed they were edible but brought it to my attention that they were extremely dense and tasted more like a biscuit than a light and feathery roll.
Since I made a bunch I brought them to work with me the next day and my co-workers changed the name of them from orange rolls to orange biscuits. I thought it was really funny and a little embarrassing. I guess when I make them for Thanksgiving dinner I need to let them rise a little longer and make them into croissants. I'll let you know how they turn out; it's always a surprise when I am baking.


2 comments:
I love orange rolls! And I bet they turn out great!
I understand your trouble baking! Yesterday I made rolls and they didn't rise at all. I guess you're better at not killing yeast than I am.
Post a Comment