Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy New Year!

New Years Eve is SO MUCH FUN at the Woolstenhulme's (my parents) house. It just can't be BEAT! We decorated the kitchen and living area full of confetti, balloons, center pieces, hats and streamers. Let the PARTY BEGIN



Brenna, Leslee, Bri, Becky

Geoff, Brandon & Beau enjoying the food, football and games
Mom and Dad start the preparations for the FAMOUS WAFFLE FEST 2009. For probably about 20 years now my parents have made more waffles than IHOP ever has made in one night. There is always a competition who can EAT the most waffles in the night. I never win but I say in the competition for at least a few rounds.
I like starting out the year about 3 pounds heavier. It makes my news years goal of loosing 5 pounds a little easier.

We don't JUST have waffles! There is BACON (need I even go on...), eggs, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, bananas, powdered sugar, WHIPPED CREAM and Magleby's (homemade) Syrup. mmm.... Best FOOD of the year!

Then at midnight everyone BUNDLES up and we light off illegal and legal FIREWORKS until our fingers are frozen. We also do the traditional banging of pots and pans.


Some of the crew huddled together trying to stay warm and watch the fireworks.
Koda, Tommy, Brandon and Beau pose for a "family" photo by the Christmas tree. What a good looking group of boys.
Happy New Year everyone, I hope 2010 brings lots of good memories and happiness.

1 comments:

Tami said...

that is so fun! i think we might have to steal that idea. we've always thought New Years was the lamest holiday, and usually don't even stay up - but we LOVE breakfast and would totally stay up for a feast like that! such a great tradition and way to make a random holiday really fun.