Monday, June 21, 2010

Mormon Battalion

Brooke and Jimmy decided to take the long way to Utah before the wedding and stop in at our house for the weekend. We got a recommendation to drive down to San Diego and see the newly remodeled Mormon Battalion Historic Center.
The church did an AMAZING job remodeling this historic center. I really recommend EVERYONE goes to learn about what a HUGE contribution the Mormon battalion did for Southern California. It was really FUN for all ages and FREE.


Brandon, Gavin and Jimmy were checking out the old fashion water pump and trough.
Here is a replica of the cannons they used
Look at these flowers! They were so HUGE & BEAUTIFUL. I wish I had this bush in my yard.
After touring through the interactive museum we got to pan for gold.
They had a pioneer wagon we got to sit in and actually get a feel of what it would be like to use that at the means of transportation.
This is a statue of a solider called to battle.

The boys are having a snack to tie them over until the pancakes get finished. I love these 2 boys.

0 comments: